We at the Nashville Dojo – Isshinryu Karate take our students health seriously.
The dojo staff is taking the following precautions:
- We scheduled a class for 5 students maximum.
- Class schedules incorporate a 10-minute break between classes, to allow students to leave prior to the next class coming in.
- New students are only being taken via appointment and placed in classes that keep the student number five or less.
- Bags are wiped down after each use in class.
- The mats are cleaned every night after class.
- No partner drills or kumite (fighting) will be performed during this time.
- Instructors will use sanitizer between each class.
- Physical contact with students will be minimized.
- Face masks are worn when not on the dojo floor.
We are asking all parents and students to take the following precautions:
- Please refrain from coming to class if you have any cold/flu symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, dry cough, shortness of breath, chills, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, and/or muscle aches).
- Masks are optional, it is hard to breathe through them during a workout. If you wear them and start to have difficulty breathing, take the mask off immediately, and go to an unoccupied corner of the dojo.
- Please limit showing up too early for class, allow the previous class to end before entering the dojo.
- Only one adult should accompany children, please limit siblings from coming if possible.
- If you will not be able to attend class, please call and let us know.
- If where you work, experiences a Covid-19 outbreak, please take the precaution of self-isolation, and let the dojo know immediately.
If we all do our part, we can return to our regular classes sooner and get back to normal.